The R.C Pavia (Rotary Club of Pavia), the oldest and once the only club of the province, was founded on the 26th January 1950 on the initiative of the Rotary Club, Milan. Starting out with 33 members, mainly industrial company leaders and university lecturers, it was based in the historic “Bixio” restaurant in Pavia.
From the beginning, availing itself of the numerous lecturers and scholars who were part of it, the club carried out an intense cultural and social activity, with the secretary and chief administrator taking part in the “Lucerne convention” held in March 1957.
In 1955 the club was twinned with the Montpellier club and the relationship has lasted thanks to numerous meetings and exchanges. The life of this organization proceeds intensely, involving prominent people.
Three of the club’s Presidents would become governors: Giorgio Odero, Paolo Fronzosini and Ivo De Lotto.